The DFACC Manifest
Software is eating the world. Almost everything is software. Software developed by you, by ours. As Developers, we are in a priveleged position. We can fight the climate change, we can fix this broken world. Small actions for big impact. I've realized that every watt counts. Every watt saved, a step forward to win this climate war. Our legacy must survive. We are a legion, a we'll win this climate war. We are the Devs Force Against Climate Change.
What can I do?
A lot, much more than you think.
- You can design efficient software systems.
- You can host your apps and software in a green hosting.
- You can avoid to use crypto-coins based in Proof-of-work (PoW).
- You can use renewable energy to run your office, home and coworking spaces.
- You can develop “maker” side-projects using solar panels and/or wind power.
- You can spread the word in social networks, blogs and in yours projects.
- You can get involved in open source projects against climate changes.
- You can share your ideas with all of us.
Where can I start?
You can checkout some of the following Top 18 Climate Change Open Source Projects
How are you?
We are an independent group of developers. We are studying whether to create an association or foundation to have a greater operating capacity.
If you want to be part of our force, you can join is our Mastodon instance: mastodon.devsforce.org